- For your information (FYI). Means: I don’t know what to do with this, so please keep it.
- Noted and returned. Means: I don’t know what to do with this, so please keep it little while.
- Review and comment. Means: Do the dirty work so that I can forward it.
- Action please. Means: Get yourself involved for me. Don’t worry, I’ll claim the credit.
- For your necessary action. Means: It’s your headache now.
- Copy to. Means: Here’s a share of my headache.
- For your approval, please. Means: Put your neck on the chopping board for me please.
- Action is being taken. Means: Your correspondence is lost and I am trying to locate it.
- Your letter is receiving our attention. Means: I am trying to figure out what you want.
- Please discuss. Means: I don’t know what the hell this is, so please brief me.
- For your immediate action. Means: Do it NOW! Or I will get into serious trouble.
- Please reply soon. Means: Please be efficient. It makes me look inefficient.
- We are investigating/ processing your request with the relevant authorities. Means: They are causing the delay, not us.
- Regards. Means: Thanks and bless you for reading all the crap.